Mad mad rush...the past one week was nothing but a total madness. Rushing out last minute results for my Friday presentation within three days was no fun. Doing the slides last minute and making only brief notes for my speech sent jitters in me. What's worse is the results and slides weren't what my boss was expecting to come out from me. And what he had specifically asked out from me was a total flop. There were practically no results on that particular part, unless you are talking about those useless slides that notes down all the things I had done on troubleshooting and troubleshooting....it was so terrible to the extent that I felt the whole last part of the presentation was just a complaining session for me.
As the whole presentation was pretty last minute work, I was amazed at the end of it, how calm I was throughout the whole presentation in front of my boss! Perhaps it really boils down to the fact that at times, you should learn not to relax and not to force too much...of course, I don't mean that I didn't try my best. In fact I tried very hard to churn out results and so on. But at the end of the day, I did what I can. I don't force out what I can't. I don't anticipate the outcome. I don't try hard to please. I chose to be myself.
Oh, and if you happen to catch me around with a super black face, short temper and pissed off attitude this past week, please forgive me. I can't multi-task my face and temperament. I believe I am suffering from the "Research-related mood swings". My mood fluctuates with the results and how smooth the progress is...very bad... I need a doctor!
"If time is money, then I think I am living very much below the poverty line"
------PY Hong
No comments:
Post a Comment