Please do not assume that I am without my complaints when I do not talk about it. Perhaps it is one of my dad's usual pick-up lines to initiate a conversation with me. But I absolutely hate it. He will start off by saying," Think you are used to your work liao right? Never hear you complain about it and can come home and watch TV then sleep. Should be ok lah hor?" Once or twice of such comments can be tolerated. But not the third time. This time, I retorted back, " Never hear me complain doesn't mean I am fine. I am just too sick and tired to say it out."
Yes, I am tired. Tired of thinking about my work, what to do, what to expect and what to deliver every minute of my life. Can't I just forget about it when I meet up with my friends and when I stay at home? Why do they have to ask me how is my work getting along? Will they understand what I tell them anyway?
Perhaps I am an escapist. Perhaps I am one who keeps the negative sentiments to myself and flare up one day when you step on my mine. Don't assume you know me. I don't even know myself.
P/S: Sorry dad, I know you won't know about this. But I am sorry I can't hold well any conversations carried out at home. I am just too tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment