Hate it! Today's the third time that I am rejected for making blood donation! My haemoglobin level just can't seem to reach the 13 level (first time was 10.9, second time was 11.7 and today 12.7)...and they are just so stringent.
All because I had taken malaria pills in June 2004 before I went to Cambodia at that time. As such, I can't make any platelets donation. In such cases, they will usually take a 500ml blood donation (larger pack) one from the donor so that they have more red blood cells to retrieve. For such large pack, 13 for haemoglobin level is a muzzzzzzzz....
And oh man, how darn it feels to be rejected three times for blood donation....I am a A+, only 20% of Singaporeans have this blood...blood bank always run short of this type. If you are A+ or any other blood type, please step forward to donate. It really won't hurt. Trust me.
No comments:
Post a Comment