What constitutes cheating? The telling of lies? Acting against moral values? Deceiving oneself and God?
But who sets the benchmark to define what is a lie and what is not? Or rather what is black and white? What is wrong and what is right? Who is good and who is bad?
I grew up as a very rigid person. In the past, I define a person as a baddy if he smokes, indulges in bad habits like gambling and womanizing, spits and litters in the public. To me, at that time, black is black, white is white. Grey was simply an ambiguous term used by people who cannot make up their mind.
Perhaps time has changed me. Or perhaps my stand on certain issues has been eroded and blunted. Smokers should not be condemned. In fact they should be sympathized for trying to end their lives early. Army guys spit as and when they like during their 10Km run...but should they all be jailed? Then who is left to defend this country?
We are no longer living in a comfort zone like we used to be when we were small little kids. Black and white are no longer important. Principles are important but sticking to them rigidly will not get one too far. At least this is what I feel.
There is no absolute right or wrong. I decide for myself. Simple.
No comments:
Post a Comment