I always lament I am downright unlucky. Whatever things I do, I always seem to come to a deadend.
Or am I?
In fact, now that I think back, I think I am blessed. Blessed with a good teacher and mentor to start my PhD life. I have a nice Dr Wu who patiently guided me in the beginning, when I was so lost and blur in the things around. He provided the sparks to ideas, while encouraging me to do things independently.
Yes, there were times when I feel like a cow being led by the nose. And so I said no or ignored the things he asked me to do. However, it was in no time that he realized that whatever things I don't like to do, he can never force me to do it. That is what makes me respect him. He knows I don't like to be forced. If I see the point in doing what he tells me, I will do it with no hesitation.
The relationship we shared had transcended the normal mentor-student kind. We were more of friends and chatting mates.
It has become a habit of mine to gaze towards his seating area whenever I walk past his desk.
It has become a habit of mine to chat with him when I feel troubled in my research or when I feel bored.
It has become a habit of mine to look at what he is doing when I do my printing near his desk.
It has become a habit of mine to sneer him when he sweats too much or make funny comments.
Now his desk is cleared, the seating area is empty....
It's time I get accustomed to my lab days without him.
2 comments:
You make it sound so sad! Kaozz... you're going to make me cry.
Don't cry...i won't be so sad when u leave our lab...hiak hiak..I will be happy for U!!
Post a Comment