One look at Boston and you know it is teeming with knowledge and culture. All the good universities are here! Harvard, MIT and Boston University, all distanced very near to each other.
My hotel was just right next to MIT, overlooking the Charles River. Basically Hyatt Regency Cambridge is darn lousy. Never ever pay your bucks to stay in this place in the future. Everything costs money in this hotel. Internet, breakfast...even the long queue of taxis just right outside are all cheats. They charged me USD35 dollars for a < 15 min car ride from the hotel to the airport. It only costs me USD25 when i took from the airport to the hotel. The difference? One didn't go by the meter, and the other did.
I prefer Boston to Chicago, though I didn't really spend much time sightseeing. I was too caught up with the conference/lazy and would rather stone/cannot be bothered to do intensive sightseeing. But I like the sense of security I get there. I'm not sure why, but it feels safe in Boston compared to Chicago. Maybe it's because of the universities.
Even the subway looks cleaner. Something is terribly wrong with Chicago, because I heard that Boston got their subway much much earlier than Chicago.
At this part of the holiday, I was joined by CD and CA. Both are great company, and we tried to enjoy the good food that Boston has to offer. Unfortunately, my palate only tastes spicy food. So I still prefer Singaporean cuisines to those American food.
Where else can you find nice food at an affordable price? Only in Singapore.
No comments:
Post a Comment