Was hit by a common cold virus on the eighth day into the new lunar year. It's just a common cold, I thought, and paid no special attention to it.
From the initial scratchy throat to runny nose, which developed to extremely thick brownish-yellow mucus stained with traces of blood, tonsillitis, poor appeitite, cough and fatigue. I know this wasn't any more of a funny business. Yet, I thought there might not be a need to see a doctor. Afterall, how can I trust the doctor here?
It's that night, when I stood there brushing my teeth, and I looked into the mirror to see how pale I looked. How weary and sickly I appear before myself. Suddenly, I thought I should look at myself more...for I had visions that it may be my last night, that I might not wake up from my sleep the next day. That I might not be able to make it back to Singapore and see my family. The thought that I don't want to die in Taiwan. It's the first time I ever feel so pessimistic. It's the first time that I felt our own death seems so far, yet so near and inevitable.
I need to get out of here.
2 comments:
Your homesickness seems pretty serious. If you request, I'll send you my photo to ease your illness. Take care.
Thanks but no thanks. I haven't burn my brains yet...so I don't think I need your photo to ease my illness. Hahah...
Post a Comment