Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Affinity

Affinity.

From various background and having different circles of friends, affinity has brought us together at some point of time. You may have known someone for a very long period of time but just do not get along so well with him/her. On the other hand, you can feel so comfortable with another person to the extent that you feel as if you have known him/her for a long time. That's affinity. A pre-arrangement made.

I don't want to sound as if I believe in destiny and is passive about what is happening to me and to my life. But I truly feel that everything happens for a reason. The reason may not be so apparent at this particular point of time but it will ultimately reveal itself when the time is ripe. No matter how hard I try in a thing and if it doesn't work, I may fret and sulk. But upon giving it some thoughts, I seek solace in the fact that it may not work because of an unknown reason. Perhaps an alternative way/method would allow us to reach the ultimate goal instead....

Life is very much like the snake and ladder game, isn't it?

3 comments:

WSW said...

Hey, trying to be philosophical?

Must be exam stress and death issues. Don't fall into depression. I will cheer you up after my last paper tmr. Hehe...

Sure to keep you entertained. Hurh Hurh Hurh...

littlewolfie said...

yuck..

Reborn said...

Yes, life is like a game of snake and ladders. But baby steps should help us reach our goals. If baby steps fail, there's not far to fall. Never be too ambitious, I guess. You can never over-estimate the problems faced in research. I know that first hand.

Baby steps. Come on now, repeat after me. Baby steps. Baby steps.