Sunday, November 06, 2011

Rejected by NTU

I finally got the outcome that I have been waiting for since June.
It wasn't the outcome that I was hoping for. I was rejected for the position by NTU. And I was disappointed that one of the members of the search committee only informed my current advisor when my advisor dropped an email to ask on my behalf. Clearly, no one from NTU thought that it was essential to inform the rejected candidate.

Dear XXX (my current advisor),
The search committee of Civil & Environmental Engineering at NTU looked into the research profiles of the applicants and their ability take part in the teaching in the CEE school. We all liked her research but the CEE members found the research interest of Peiying to be out of the spectrum of interest of CEE. Since this position is shared between SCELSE (research) and CEE (teaching) it was decided by majority vote not to support her nomination to this position.
I am sorry to learn that CEE did not inform her on this outcome of the search committee. Please feel free to share this information with Peiying. I liked her research a lot and would be happy to consider possible other mechanism to have her engaged with SCELSE research.
With my best regards,
YYY (one of the search committee members)


I'm disappointed. But I hope to turn this into a motivation and driving force. And show them that they made the wrong choice. Let's just hope the other outcome is positive.

No comments: