When I was in secondary school, I dreaded the 2.4km run which everyone was forced to do once a year. I was never an athletic person. I just like to do nothing when I can. And it shows (from my outer appearance). Anyway, there was this TAF club teacher, whose name I forgot, passionately trained all TAF club members to exercise and jog. Gradually I built up my stamina and manage to pass the 2.4km run. At that time, TAF club also had the aerobics session, which I kind of like. But I remember that I once nearly blacked out during the aerobics session. It was that TAF.
When I was in junior college, I started jogging more conscientiously during the weekend at Botanical Gardens under the encouragement of my best friend. She is an excellent runner, and she always set the pace just nice to build up the stamina and to enjoy the run. I remember that was really my fitness peak period, and I could run with her for up to an hour (only once or twice, I think) without stopping. I still didn't like jogging and running at that time, and I always try to find excuses or reasons to procrastinate our jogging dates. I guess I don't like obligations. But I could never turn back the time to those days when I still have a jogging partner.
Recently, I wanted to make an effort to keep myself healthy, especially that the big three is coming my way soon. I went to the gym to do the treadmill. The first day was terrible. I could only complete 1.6km in 20 min. Demoralized. Gradually, I could feel my stamina coming back. Now at least I can complete 2.4km within 19min. However, that's just my performance in a controlled gym environment. My stamina is just not there when I jogged outdoors. Maybe it's the terrain, maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's just me. But I guess I just need to keep doing this.
No comments:
Post a Comment