I knew that the acknowledgement list included staff who helped with the sampling coordination, but not me. I knew that my name was not on the acknowledgement list in the closed door review presentation, even though I contributed 50% of those data. I thought the research fellow who prepared the slides forgot to add my name. So I gave him the benefit of doubt that he forgot to add my name on it. In fact, I never really put it to heart, except to treat it as a complaint to be dismissed eventually.
But when he blurted out that he was the one who removed my name, I was so damn pissed that I totally lost my front, and reprimanded him for taking people for granted. Not once, but twice, maybe thrice that I said that sentence right in front of him.
And no reasons given. He just said, "Well, at least your name was on the poster presented in the conference. And it was a closed door session, so I removed your name." As nonchalant as it sounded, as hurting as it can be.
Later that evening, he dismissed again my contributions made in securing his recent grant. He said that towards the end, I sounded as if the draft was the best I can do, and he should do the rest for me. Was that really what he thought? That all success he has now was because of him, and no one else?
Why?!Why?!Why?!Why?!
What's the point ?!
1 comment:
Not all "bosses" are like that. You deserve a better one surely.
I put inverted commas for "bosses" because I don't think these are actions that befit a boss.
Post a Comment