Monday, September 14, 2009

Endless waiting

Yes, I made a mistake. I took a J-1 visa that bound me to Singapore for the next 2 years, unless the unbelievably inefficient United States of Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS) grant me my waiver.
Since March, I have been waiting and waiting and waiting. First came the favorable recommendation letter from US Department of States. And I thought that's it. Turned out so wrong. Now I am still waiting for the final decision from USCIS.
I am so sick of the endless waiting. It feels terrible to wait for something that is so out of my own control. Maybe I should just give it up. It's not going to be the end of everything right? But if I give up, I won't be happy for the next few years.
Life sucks at certain moments. This is one of those moments.

No comments: