I'm sick and tired of the so-called governmental agenda.
Four years ago, when I was called up for the second round of interview with A*Star directors, I was asked times and again why I chose to work with Institute of Chemical and Engineering Sciences, particularly on the production of alternative fuels like biohydrogen. I learnt from Philip Yeo that there isn't going to be much prospects and hype on such research topics. Why not do tissue engineering or stem cell research? That's where all the activities are.
Upon hearing that, I sort of had a deja vu, when I was questioned by the MOE scholarship board about why I wanted to choose Environmental Engineering.
Needless to say, I didn't get all those scholarships. Why are all the students moulded to fit into the same model? Why are they directed to work in areas where only the government/economy are interested in?
And after so many years, we see all the renewed interest in alternative fuels like solar energy. Ironically, EDB has pinpoint the solar energy industry as the next IN thing recently.
Well, on second thoughts, I'm glad I didn't get the scholarships. Because I don't want to work in such short-sighted government/government-affiliated boards.
No comments:
Post a Comment