Recently new post docs have joined our lab, and not surprisingly, they are from Mainland China. But the kinda funny thing is that this new post doc can't contain the pride he has in being a fellow China-man. How does he show that? By forcing me to read all those cheem stuff on DNA extraction blah blah, in CHINESE.
I was like, what the hell...am I supposed to read these concept in Chinese? When I have already read them in the English version. So of course, when he sent it to me, I just politely accepted it, looked at it once, snubbed at those translated terminologies and chucked it aside. But alas, after 20-30min later, he comes back to me and asked me how was my reading.
I was like, duh.....ermmm....am I supposed to tell you what I've learnt from it?? Hey, come on man, I am busy with my writing. Bloody hell, and now I am supposed to entertain you with all these supposedly stimulating discussion in Chinese?! Of cos, I just told him that I am not used to reading SCIENCE in CHINESE. And his reaction was pathetic, exclaiming that I will lose out a lot because they have TONNES of good information there on the website he recommended me.
And the damn thing is that he exclaimed this statement," We the Mainland people changed the HK people's thinking while we are at that lab. Now, we are here to change the SIN people's thinking."
-_-
Come on, I'm proud to be a Chinese. But a SINGAPOREAN one. Don't make me voice out my anti-China sentiments. Get it, dude?
No comments:
Post a Comment