I was honored to be addressed as a "xue jie" (senior sister in Mandarin) over in Taiwan. The juniors (good ones) always treat their seniors respectfully, and they really treat me as one who knows my stuff (haha! I "smoke" well...)...It made me think of my antics in Singapore, where I bully my seniors. Kind of ashamed..haha..but I had fun doing that. =P
On one hand, this kind of address made me feel respected...but at times, it lack the rapport to build up a friendship. No?
CNY is coming soon...gosh..9 long days of holiday...scratching my head to think about what I can do alone in this foreign land. I don't like to trouble people, especially during the CNY period when people ought to have reunion as a family. It just feels weird to pay house visit and stay in their home. I don't like that kind of feeling. I guess I am used to being independent...
No comments:
Post a Comment