Friday, October 20, 2006

It's all about responsibility

I was rather pissed off yesterday. In fact, it is more appropriate to say that I was VERY pissed off yesterday.

I was supposed to meet up for a group discussion at 9am. I reached at 9.03am, thinking that I was slightly late, but was relieved to see that no one is here yet. I waited and waited...20 min passed and no one turned up. I went to the classroom to have my lecture instead. At the end of the lecture, I tried to find my group mates who are supposed to turn up for the lecture as well. They were not even physically here.

I thought that I didn't make it clear in my previous email sent out on Tues, so I hurried back to check my email after the lecture. And there I saw that statement, " And we will meet up at 9am, same venue on this Thurs." The deadline for the proposal is just 10 days away, and those parts that were supposed to be researched and written by my group mates were either ambiguous, poorly planned or missing. I sent an email telling the lady (who is an A*STAR scholar) that we should be focused and plead her to send me her part soon. But up till today, there were no replies from her. Nothing at all.

It's all about responsibility. If she feels that she cannot work along with me, it's fine [Maybe she think I changed too much of your one page writeup the other time. I have to do so for coherency!]. But at least be responsible and finish your part. We are no longer teenagers! Finding excuses like, " I really don't know how to do this part. Can I don't do?" and " Sorry, I am busy so I didn't do this and that" are NO LONGER acceptable. Please. I hear them too often from my tuition kids.

Everyone has 24h.
It is not as if I have 48h per day.
It is not as if I don't need to do my research.
It is not as if I don't need to sleep, watch tv or idle.

I always believe that if you want to do something, no matter what happens, you will try to do it. Whatever is your responsibility, you should not shirk away from it.
Whatever you promised, make sure you carry out.
I have zero tolerance for people who don't do all these.

No comments: