It's one of those periods that I have turned to reading to seek some pleasures in life.
I have consecutively finished three novels -- The kite runner, Harry Potter and the half-blood prince, and Tuesdays with Morrie, all in 2 mths. I would say they are all good read. Though Harry Potter seems so bland and so typical best-seller after I had read the kite runner. I don't know if my tear ducts are hyperactive these few days or what, but each and every moving sentences in the Kite runner and Tuesdays with Morrie are enough to send my tears welling up. I have to put down my book quickly and calm myself down before continuing my read (lest the other bus passengers think I am a weirdo).
It has been a long time since I am so deeply touched by what is written in the book (especially if you are a research student and most probably should be numb like me after reading all those scientific journals). I think the trip down to Borders on that particular evening was a fruitful one ( I spent 80 dollars on that single night!). Shopping therapy, apparently =)
Next on my reading list....Marley and Me.
2 comments:
Haha... emotional outbursts. Maybe you're too stressed. But this is a good way of letting them go too.
I'm not stressed lah. It's good to read ah. =)
Post a Comment